Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean. Shorter, more focused posts specialising in astronomy and data visualisation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ChatGPT Is A Competent Source Extractor
This builds on my post from two years ago, ChatGPT Is Not A Source Extractor . My, how things change. Last time I wrote : They're still ...
-
Of course you can prove a negative. In one sense this can be the easiest thing in the world : your theory predicts something which doesn...
-
One of the nice things about doing all my academic reading on a digital tablet is that I can download papers I'd like to read purely fo...
-
Very long-term readers may remember my anguished efforts (almost a decade ago) to build a stable disc galaxy. Sweet summer child that I was...

Also something about p-values.
ReplyDeleteAnd grant proposals to study the effectiveness of different grant proposal workflows.
ReplyDeleteI particularly like how there are no loops back once you hit the ''computer model' stage.
ReplyDelete"Sure our model's probably wrong and has a ton of bugs! Let's get that poster cranked out and then think about a paper!"