Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean. Shorter, more focused posts specialising in astronomy and data visualisation.

Monday, 17 November 2014

Hydrogen Sky rising over Boston


Looking almost due east, so I can use the hi-res GALFA images for this. There's an annoying white spot that doesn't move for some reason, but since this is the third time I've rendered this I've stopped caring.

I used a similar animation of Prague for my first public talk ("Why the night sky is really boring and how to fix it") on Friday, it seemed to go down well. I plan to do a few more of these for selected international locations.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, it spins some creative ideas in my mind. So double thank you. 😊 👍 👍 👍

    ReplyDelete

ChatGPT Is A Competent Source Extractor

This builds on my post from two years ago, ChatGPT Is Not A Source Extractor . My, how things change. Last time I wrote : They're still ...