Sister blog of Physicists of the Caribbean. Shorter, more focused posts specialising in astronomy and data visualisation.
Sunday, 20 April 2014
Experimenting with anaglyphs : the Virgo cluster
Red-blue 3D glasses required for viewing. This is for use in a seminar in a couple of weeks. It's a schematic rendering of the Virgo cluster. The 3D effect works better than I expected, it's definitely better as an animation rather than a still.
The next challenge will be to produce one of an HI data cube, which is quite a lot more complicated. Hence I'm starting early and everything else is on hold (again).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ChatGPT Is A Competent Source Extractor
This builds on my post from two years ago, ChatGPT Is Not A Source Extractor . My, how things change. Last time I wrote : They're still ...
-
Of course you can prove a negative. In one sense this can be the easiest thing in the world : your theory predicts something which doesn...
-
One of the nice things about doing all my academic reading on a digital tablet is that I can download papers I'd like to read purely fo...
-
Very long-term readers may remember my anguished efforts (almost a decade ago) to build a stable disc galaxy. Sweet summer child that I was...

No comments:
Post a Comment